New Orleans Product Liability Lawyer
Defective products are more common than most people think. Every year in America, numerous adults and children are hurt by defective products they thought were safe. At the New Orleans area law office of Glenn C. McGovern, we successfully represent these injury victims in product liability cases involving unsafe products.
Because products liability cases can stem from a nearly-unlimited range of products — cars, toys, medical devices designed to improve health — we handle a broad range of matters to meet our clients’ needs.
Some examples of defective product cases we’ve handled”
- Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor police car that exploded in fuel-fed fires when rear-ended and a defective Steelcase office chair that resulted in spinal injury.
- People who have cancer and other life-threatening illnesses and health problems caused by their mother’s exposure to creosote, a wood preservative, during pregnancy.
- Defective tire cases with major injuries.
- Cases with products such as defective toys that have blinded a child.
- Defective medical devices that have failed and caused injury.
When Defective Products Harm Children
Our law firm recently obtained a $265,000 settlement in a case where an illegal, unapproved foreign children’s toy airplane punctured a child’s eye. Sadly, this case was only one example of the serious injuries children experience each year because of dangerously designed or defective toys.
Sometimes the products are dangerously designed, like Easy Bake Ovens, lawn darts and other sharp toys. Sometimes they are marketed improperly or without the proper warning. Unfortunately, many of these products are foreign-made toys that were not correctly inspected and approved before being imported. They may contain lead paint or be a choking hazard for small children, or be capable of blinding a child, such as sharp-nosed toy airplanes or sharp lawn darts that can puncture flesh or eyes.
Cases involving imported toys can be challenging for lawyers because foreign companies are often beyond the reach of United States product liability law. At our law firm, we help locate the responsible parties — whether they are manufacturers or distributors — and hold them accountable.
Protecting People from a Wide Range of Product Defects
We continue to help our clients by successfully holding negligent companies accountable for the harm they cause. We accept cases involving a wide range of matters:
- Defective drugs, like Accutane
- Defective cars and trucks
- Recreational vehicles, Yamaha Rhinos, RTV’s and ATVs
- Defective motorcycle suspension parts that fail in use, like frames, triple clamps and swingarms. (The 2003-2004 KTM SX motorcycles series had such defects, for example)
- Defective medical devices
To talk with us about the serious injury you or your loved one sustained, contact the law office of Glenn C. McGovern at 800-721-3992. Initial consultations are free and confidential.