With ridesharing becoming an increasingly popular method of getting around town, it is important to know the basics about a Lyft or an Uber accident. It may be a confusing process if you are riding as a passenger in a rideshare vehicle and the vehicle suddenly comes to a crash. It’s hard to know who is at fault, and who might be on the hook to pay for damages. Always remember that as a passenger you, of course, are not at fault in this situation. Uber has a policy that says if you’re injured in one of their vehicles, all passengers in the vehicle are covered at the time of the accident.
If you’ve been in an Uber accident and want to move forward and file a claim for compensation, you can do one of two things:
- If the Uber driver caused the accident, then you could go after the Uber driver via Uber’s accident policy.
- If the other party was at fault for the crash, you can file a claim and go after the at-fault party and sue their insurance.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident involving an Uber, Lyft, or any other popular rideshare service, call the Law Office of Glenn C. McGovern as soon as possible and schedule a free consultation. You could be entitled to compensation for what you’ve suffered.
What Happens If I Got Into An Accident While Driving An Uber?
If you are the rideshare driver and operate your vehicle for Lyft or Uber, and you’ve been involved in a car accident, you can seek compensation for your injuries and the damage to your vehicle.
All Uber drivers are required by the company, and by state and federal law, to have their own car insurance policy before getting behind the wheel. On top of the driver’s personal car insurance, companies like Uber do have auto accident policies that they add as coverage on top.
If you’ve been injured in an Uber accident while driving, contact a personal injury lawyer and schedule a free compensation. The laws and rules that surround this unique type of accident vary, but our team of attorneys can listen to your situation and let you know whether it is possible to seek compensation after your accident.
What Happens If I Got Into An Accident As A Passenger In An Uber?
If you have experienced a car accident in an Uber or Lyft as a passenger, then your options for compensation for any damages or injuries varies depending upon the circumstances of the accident. Generally speaking, if you’ve been injured in a car accident, and that injury, or any subsequent personal property damages, were caused directly due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to hire an attorney and seek compensation for what you’ve suffered.
As your rideshare accident attorney, Glenn C. McGovern will take the time to listen to the specific details that surround your case, and will provide the best advice possible for moving forward with legal action.
As a passenger in an Uber accident, your attorney can seek compensation on your behalf for damages such as:
- Medical injuries: Any medical attention you require following the accident can be recovered through medical bill compensation. This can include hospital visits, emergency room care, prescription medication, physical or occupational therapy, and more
- Lost wages: If you are forced to spend time away from work to nurse injuries from your Uber accident, you can be compensated for your lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: Your anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress following a rideshare accident can be debilitating. Our attorneys will help you get compensation for your pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages: Punitive damages are considered punishment and are typically awarded when the defendant’s behavior is found to be especially harmful.
- Loss of consortium: Loss of consortium refers to the loss of family benefits, such as a spouse or parent
- Wrongful death: If you wrongfully lose a loved one to someone else’s negligence, you can seek compensation.
- And more
Whether you are an Uber or Lyft driver or a passenger involved in the crash, you deserve to work with a hardworking and tough personal injury attorney who will stop at nothing to earn you the compensation you deserve.
Schedule A Free, No Obligation Consultation With The Law Office Of Glenn C. McGovern Today
If you’ve been injured in a car accident that involved an Uber or Lyft in any capacity, you need to contact a personal injury lawyer and schedule a free consultation. You deserve justice, and have the right to seek compensation for any injuries or damage you sustained.
Schedule a free, no obligation case evaluation with the Law Office Of Glenn C McGovern today.